In recent years we have set the following long-term goals and priorities with respect to our operations:
- Acquire District property, and develop erosion control and water efficient landscaping demonstration facilities, native plant nursery
- Develop programs that will be financially self-sustaining and that will help the board move towards the ability to maintain full-time staffing.
- Continue development of a financially stable, viable, and sustainable organization able to represent the community on natural resource matters.
- Adjust District boundaries where practical to make them more logical and reflective of the District’s actual service area.
- To have adequate and trained staff, including a full time manager, sufficient technical staff to support programmatic goals as they are implemented (erosion, water, weeds, mitigation)
- To be the local clearing house for natural resource/environmental issues